As a Sky High Committee Member, your duties and requirements are as follows:
1) Attend Committee Meetings. We will have monthly meetings leading up to the event. If for some reason you are not able to make the meeting, please notify the appropriate designated event coordinator. You can call in if necessary, however, try to be present if possible. You will also be required to be an active part of the planning. If more than two meetings are missed, you will be asked to step down from the committee.
2) Attend the Event. The committee will be required to set up before the event and to breakdown after the event.
3) Be Active in the Planning and Promoting of this Event.
4) Abide by the Alcohol Policy. No alcohol will be consumed during the event. After closing ceremonies alcohol may be consumed responsibly.
5) Adhere to Event Deadlines. Sky High encourages all auction items to be secured 2 weeks prior to the event. After the two week deadline, Sky High reserves the right to move auction items to another event or to the event the following year.
6) Follow Sky High’s Financial Parameters. Sky High requires that all event costs do not exceed 20% of the projected income. The Sky High team has the right to decline event purchases that are unrealistic or do not meet the expense ratio. In order to ensure consistency and accuracy, please do not post or share on social media, speak to media or communicate the financial information, including, but not limited to, total funds raised and expenses from the event until it has been released by Sky High.
7) Sky High’s Public Communication Policies. No committee member shall communicate information or updates on behalf of the organization unless approved by the Marketing and Communications Director. All media inquiries should be sent to and handled by the Sky High Marketing & Communications Director.
8) Sky High Internal Responsibilities & Communication. Committee member can expect responses to all communication in a timely manner (24 hours) unless the coordinator is out of office, in which the communication can be relayed to the Event Director. The Event Coordinator will be the Committee Member’s first line of communication for all matters including, but not limited to, planning, legal, financial and safety concerns. Sky High has final decision making power for all event related items guided by the Committee’s desires and input. Event Coordinator will be responsible for all planning aspects of the event, with the key role of the Committee being to promote the event and support fundraising objectives. All ordering of event materials (materials, merchandise, rentals, vendors) must be done through the Coordinator. All event related contracts must be approved and executed by the Event Director.
9) Commitment to Sky High Core Values: Sky High is lead by a set of guiding principles that are expected to be upheld by every person involved in the organization. Passion: We are enthusiastic about the mission and we use our drive to inspire and energize others. Integrity: We hold ourselves to a high standard of having strong moral principles and uprightness. Faith: We have faith and hope in God’s grace that together we will find a cure for childhood cancer. Family: We are one unit; we share one mission and are ultimately one team. Mission Driven: We always put the mission first.
10) Code of Ethics: The committee and volunteers must maintain a professional level of courtesy, respect, and objectivity in all Sky High activities including any committee planning, programs or events related to Sky High and any of its partners. In any event a committee member or volunteer’s actions may be viewed as a conflict of interest, Sky High remains the right to dismiss the individual from the committee.
11) Confidentiality: Committee members agree to keep confidential any and all sensitive information relating to discussions at its meetings, including any and all materials, e.g., correspondence, reports, etc., unless compelled by legal process to disclose such information, or as otherwise agreed by the Board. Disclosing or distributing any information concerning the discussion of such items during the committee meetings is prohibited.
12) Photo Consent: By signing below, you consent to the use and reproduction of photographs, films, videotapes, interviews, and information about you taken by and for Sky High and/or its agents or persons authorized by them for use in news stories, publicity, promotion, public awareness and fundraising. You also agree that such uses may include internet posting or other publication in other media by celebrities and corporate supporters. You will not receive a payment for any such use. These films, photographs, videotapes and information may be communicated to others by way of correspondence, broadcast, film, print media, internet, telephone and/or publications for fundraising or public awareness, including to and by the news media.
By submitting this form, you agree to the above duties and terms of the 2021 Sky High Event Committee. If at any time you cannot fulfill these duties, you will be required step down from the committee.
Thank you for submitting your Event Committee Agreement!